- High Jump – Curve your run up, count your steps, scissor kick.
- Long Jump – Build your speed, don’t slow down, dip the hips – Jump off one foot, land on two (motorbike).
- Quoits – chin-knee-toe, check your watch, make a bow (Power Stance), Let it go (The throw… shoulders square)
- Vortex – Wide man, strong man, pointer man (the throwing stance), ‘La-dee-da’ (The run up)
- Sprints – We have learnt about the ‘Running Progression’: ankling, calving, high knees and a full sprint. We are making a video that we will upload here to show you what these look like.
We have been working on our Athletics skills. For each event, we have learnt about some mnemonics that will help us remember what to do. Parents – ask us at home to show you what these look like!