ROSENEATH AFTER SCHOOL CARE (RASC)
RASC was established in 2007 by the Coordinator who was a registered Primary school teacher.
The RASC staff team are committed to giving friendly, individual attention to the children in a safe, positive environment.
A core group of regular children and the team of stable, committed staff provide consistency and stability in the programme.
Does your child’s playdate get put on hold?
Let RASC do it for you! Simply register and enrol your child with RASC for the term and there will be plenty of buddies to play with under careful supervision.
RASC is a small, fun OSCAR programme for children from Roseneath School. It offers healthy afternoon tea, structured homework support and supervised activities or play.
This service operates in the School hall, Monday to Friday, 3 – 6pm (excluding school and public holidays).
Forms are available below. They can be returned to the RASC Supervisor or the School office.
Fees / session (3-6pm) / child
Regular booking 1 child $20 incl. GST
Regular booking 2 siblings $38 incl. GST
Regular booking 3 siblings $55 incl. GST
RASC a/c number: 38-9007-0456474-00 (include name as reference)
Contact RASC Coordinator, Pyar
Mobile: 027 689 8845
Hell’s Pizza is available on Wednesdays and Thaitara Thai (formerly Ban Mai Thai) is available on Fridays.
All can be ordered at school or via email. Yr 7 & 8 Students will be at the office waiting to take the orders on Tuesdays (the day prior) for Hell’s Pizza and Thursdays (the day prior) for Thaitara Thai.
Gluten and dairy free are available. The Thai food has no MSG, can be made without any egg and the fried rice is gluten free
You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to place an order.
Alternatively you could place an order for the whole week or place a standing order for the whole term by emailing me.
We allow I.O.U.s from parents; they can be paid that afternoon or the next morning. We also allow for internet banking as long as the reference is ‘Lunches” and paid to the school account 020560 0035404 00. If you order by email then you could fill in the appropriate form below by copying and pasting it to me and identifying the choices.
The School Day
Classes begin at 9:00am and final bell at 3:00pm.
10:30 – 10:50am: Students eat in their own room (Exceptions for some classes with children who have allergies)
Behind the hall and top of drive beyond house fence is out of bounds. Students are to stay within the fence line. Only Yr4 -8 allowed on front bank – saluting base – must stay within fence line. Students not to use climbing apparatus in wet weather.
12:30 – 1:30pm: Students to eat in their own room (Exceptions for some classes with children who have allergies). On a wet lunch hour Mon/Tues/Thurs/Fri. students will go to House groups at 1.00pm.
Cultural Assembly held on Friday mornings 9.05- 9.45. Parents/Caregivers most welcome.
In our School –
- We walk in classrooms and corridors.
- Ball games are played outside.
- We solve problems peacefully by talking things through.
We call people by proper names.
- We ask permission of the owner before using other’s property.
- We put rubbish and other waste in the approved place.
- We clean up after ourselves.
- We encourage people when they are trying.
- We treat others as we would like them to treat us.
- We sit down to eat our lunch in the appropriate places in the classroom.
- We look after things we use at school.
Stationery can be purchased from the school office between 9.00 – 12.00pm.
Health and Safety
A number of students in our school suffer from food allergies and procedures have been put in place to assist these children. We require children to eat their food in certain areas and to wash their hands before and after eating. Epipens are kept in classrooms and in the First Aid cupboard. Information is displayed on wall charts in the classroom and office.
All breakages of furniture, fittings or buildings are to be investigated. School policy is for students to take responsibility for their actions and to make appropriate restitution for preventable damage.
CARS IN PLAYGROUND
Cars are not to be driven into school grounds during the school day especially when children are arriving and leaving school. This is in the interest of safety and space for children.
EMERGENCY CONTACT INFORMATION
It is extremely important that parents/caregivers and staff provide the school with up to date contact phone numbers for themselves and at least one other person.
Lost property is stored in the alcove at the end of the corridor. Items are displayed at the end of each term.
Every two years it is usual for our school to carry out a full evacuation to help ensure that we are prepared for a major emergency.
- Fire Drill: The signal for emergency evacuation is continuous ringing of the bell.
- The assembly area is on the sealed area in front of the hall. To evacuate rooms, use the nearest exit door and thereafter the safest route to the assembly area.
- Office staff check medical room/ toilets/ library.
- Teachers accompany students
- Attendance registers are to be taken.
- EVERYBODY WALKS
- Since the first requirement is to know if anyone (rather than who) is missing a quick accurate check on number should be made. Report to the Principal or DP ‘All present’ or number missing as quickly as possible.
- DOUBLE check by calling the roll.
- Earthquake: In a ‘shake’ teachers are to instruct students to crouch under desks/ cover heads with hands. When situation considered safe, staff and students move to assembly area. The Office Manager will remove Admission Registers and contact any service required.
During summer months (usually the 1st and 4th terms) all pupils are to wear sun hats when they take part in outside activities.
Roseneath School Zone
All students who live within the home zone described below and/or shown on the attached map shall be entitled to enrol at the school.
- The outside boundary line is the sea from opposite 154 Oriental Parade (in zone) and above, around to opposite 216 Evans Bay Parade (in zone).
- The internal boundary line from 154 Oriental Parade is a line such that Oriental Terrace addresses and Bayview Terrace and Palliser Road addresses are in zone. Moeller Street addresses are not in zone.
- The internal boundary line continues along the eastern edge of the Town Belt such that Hapua Street numbers 38 and above are in zone. Marewa Road, Hepara Street and Ariki Road addresses 35 (odd side), 46 (even side) and below are in zone. Rakau Road and Hataitai Road addresses are not in zone.
- To the north of Hataitai School, Grafton Road addresses are in zone, and to the east of Hataitai School Te Anau Road addresses 109 (odd side) and 110 (even side) and above are in zone. Kio Crescent and Kio Road addresses are in zone.
- The internal boundary line then connects to the sea such that 216 and 217 and below numbers on Evans Bay Parade are in zone.
The cost of class trips is charged to an Activity Fee. Parents / Caregivers are asked to pay $20.00 a term or $80.00 annually to cover their child’s school activities. The fee can be paid at the school office.
ANNUAL SCHOOL DONATION
The annual donation is $350 per student.
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
The Board of Trustees meets monthly. Board meetings are open and parents and caregivers are welcome to attend. A staff representative is elected to the Board of Trustees by the staff.
The Year 7&8 children are bused off site once a week for technicraft training. This is a compulsory part of the curriculum. The Board of Trustees receives adirect grant for a portion of the costs of this programme. There is a charge toparents for the consumable items used in this programme. The actual costing ofthe programme is calculated by the Centre providing the service.
As the school does not have a pool, we use the facilities at the Kilbirnie Aquatic Centre. A swimming programme is scheduled for at least one teaching block ayear and the children will be bused to the pool. The details of the swimming programme will be published in a newsletter at the appropriate time.
Swimming is a compulsory part of the physical education programme and allchildren are expected to participate.